Java continues to grow and evolve, and this Cookbook continues to evolve in tandem. This book helps to get you up to speed right away with hundreds of hands-on recipes across a broad range of Java topics. You’ll learn useful techniques for everything from string handling and functional programming to network communication.
Each recipe includes self-contained code solutions that you can freely use, along with a discussion of how and why they work. If you are familiar with the basics of the Java language, this cookbook will bolster your knowledge of the language in general and its many recent changes and how to apply them in your day-to-day development.
- Methods for compiling, running, and debugging
- “Packaging” Java classes and building applications
- Manipulating, comparing, and rearranging text
- Regular expressions for string- and pattern-matching
- Handling numbers, dates, and times
- Structuring data with collections, arrays, and other types
- Object-oriented and functional programming techniques
- Input/Output, Directory and filesystem operations
- Network programming on both client and server
- Processing JSON for data interchange
- Multithreading and concurrency
- Using Java in Big Data applications
- Interfacing Java with other languages
The 4th Edition of this book has been updated to cover changes through Java 12 and includes new recipes for Big Data and data science.More info →